In “The West” we don’t often discuss or even consider Africa. However, over the next 20 years the population of Africa is going to double and we will all be paying attention to that. Without doubt Africa’s population explosion will lead to two things:
- Increased demand for goods and services
- Increased workforce to provide those goods and services
What is in question is:
- Will the governments of the Africa continue to stabilize?
- Will the rule of law continue to expand and allow individuals and companies to prosper on a playing field level enough to attract foreign talent and capital?
- Will African infrastructure continue to improve or will investments stop causing the existing infrastructure to decay?
- Will governments be able to educate their populations so that they are useful participants in a modern economy?
- Will African farmers produce enough food to sustain their population?